One thing that I always say when seeking a debt solution(s), is to get as much debt advice as possible! One of the big problems is that if you approach a company that mainly deals with IVA’s, of course they will advise you that an IVA is the best solution. Also some companies offer a range of solutions, they may just suggest a solution that is more profitable to them?
However there is nothing wrong with talking to as many Debt Solution companies as you can, just do not part with any money until you are sure of what is best for you!
Using Debt Help/Advice Forums
The great advantage is that you can sign up to a debt forum anonymously, and from there you can start a new topic specific to your needs. Not only will you be able to ask specific questions, but you can also ask questions about some of the advice that you have been given.
However, if you do ask a question, do not accept any answers as the absolute truth, or act upon the first reply that you get! As more people become involved by answering your questions, you will get a good feel for which debt solution is right for you.
Just remember that some of the replies to your debt question will be answered by complete novices; others will answer from personal debt experiences; whilst others will be debt experts keeping their skills honed.
Debt Forum Tips
- Sign up with a false name – of course you don’t want others to know who you are and what your debt problem is.
- Do use a genuine email address, as you will need this to verify your account. If you are not happy about using your personal email, then you can always set up a new internet email account.
- Read through the forum and see what others have written, also to familiarise yourself with the forum.
- Do not be afraid to start a new debt topic asking your debt question.
- When you ask a question, make sure that you tick the box to receive email replies. This way as soon as someone answers your question, you will receive a notification.
Debt Advice Forum Topics
Here are just some of the topics that are currently active:
- Statute of Limitations: The law relating to debts
- Redundancy and debt!
- What if I Fail to Attend Official Receiver Interview?
- Going to court? You may need to be a McKenzie friend!
I personally use Riding The Rhino Debt Help Forum
A debt help forum is a great place to get free advice.
By Johnny Debt